• Youth Coordinator will oversee the daily operations of the Youth Centre; be involved in mobilizing and overseeing volunteers and planning special events.
• Plan and implement new youth wellness program and recreation program.
• Provide and/or assist in the delivery of training designed to enhanced individual self-awareness.
• Coordinate and supervise the day to day activities of program staff and youth interns.
• Work with the community and Mi’gmaq Child and Family services Inc. to ensure program supplies, budget, and program space is available.
• Menu planning with the kitchen coordinator.
• Promote the program through web, social media, and collaboration with community organizations.
• Oversee recruitment, intake, and retention of program participants.
• Maintain accurate and confidential records of program participants and activities.
• Compile reports on programs activities and statistics as required.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationship with program directors, program participants, volunteers, and the public.
• Perform a broad range of administrative functions in support of the prevention programs.
• Diploma or Undergraduate degree in the Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Nursing, Community Rehabilitation, Disability Studies, Human Service Worker, Bachelor in Social Science, or equivalent education/experience.
• Knowledge of issues and challenges facing indigenous youth.
• Previous work experience in a social service environment as a volunteer, or in a support capacity, may replace formal education requirements.
• Considerable knowledge of First Nation socio-economic realities and the provision of culturally safe care.
** An equivalent combination of training education and experience may be considered for this position. ** Preference may be given to candidates of Indigenous ancestry
$722.00 to $779.69 weekly as well as competitive pension and benefit programs.
Those candidates interested in applying for this position are invited to submit a resume demonstrating their relevant qualifications to Kelly Dennis, Human Resources Manager at: email@example.com no later than July 7, 2021